Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rudolf the red-nosed..... Paul?

So funny to me. The other day while riding in the car Paul suddenly shouts "I DON'T WANT TO BE CALLED RUDOLF THE RED-NOSED PAUL!"

It caught me (and Heidi who was up visiting me) completely off guard and so we burst into laughter. And then we realized what was happening. As quietly as he could without being heard by myself or Heidi, and kind of ducking his head behind the seat in front of him, Nick was teasing Paul and kind of chanting the song using Paul's name in place of reindeer. He was being as sly as a 3 1/2 year old can be and enjoying every minute of torturing Paul. I, of course had to tell him to stop teasing, but inside I giggled all the way home at the little twerp. HOW do kids learn to be such stinkers?



Another funny thing that happened was the night that Paul left his tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy, Nick came out into the front room and worriedly informed me that if he pretended to go to sleep (explanation on the pretended part-- on nights they tell me they're not tired I tell them to pretend to go to sleep... usually does the trick), anyway he told me that if he pretended to go to sleep that the tooth fairy WOULD come.

I assured him that was a good thing... and kind of the idea. He then asked me in a kind of worried/hesitating way... "But Mommy?.... Will the tooth fairy give ME a loose tooth?"
I again assured him things would be fine and he would awake the next morning with all of his teeth firmly in place. He scurried off to bed (again), and I had to chuckle at his interpretations of what the night was going to bring. LOL.

Ahhhhhhhhh....... the laughter and memories these small ones bring.

No comments: