Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Say what?

As parents, we are always looking to make our kids say what we say. Iex.; "Say ' I'm sorry. ' " "Honey, Say ' Hi Grandma! How are you?' ", "Say 'I love you' ", and so on.

In the last couple of days we've had some funny ones. I asked Nick to sing me the special hug song that we sing at bed time. The first line is "You're my Honey -bunch, Sugar-plum, Pumpy-umpy-upkin". Nicks version was "You're my Honey-bunch Sugar-PUNK, pumpy-umpy-umpkin".. To be honest, his version might be a little more accurate. LOL

Another example: today while Nick was saying the lunchtime blessing on the food I tried to insert a sentence for him to say. I said "Please bless everyone to feel better." (because the boys are currently sick). Nick took my cue, but instead said "Please bless ONE OF US to feel better."

Ah, kids. What's that saying? Kid's say the darndest things? True dat.

No comments: