Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Naughty words?

The other night we took the kids out to eat at A&W and were having a nice and cozy little dinner with everyone in good spirits. No one was being naughty. No one was saying anything they shouldn't. Out of the blue and in between bites Nick inquired:

"Mom, why do you always say naughty words? You always say that you won't... but you do." (bite) "You always try not to, but you do." (swallow) ""WHY do you say naughty words all the time?"

Meanwhile, I sat there with my mouth open in shock. Josh leaned back and smirked at me and then laughingly asked "What words are you saying all day while I'm at work?" And the girl at the next table almost choked on her hamburger laughing.

OK. It's not as if I have NEVER said a bad word. I will confess to my imperfections, BUT I DO NOT make it a habit of saying naughty words! Especially around my kids. So I'm thinking of the words he could be referring to and they are: (and prepare yourself for these doozies) stupid, and Duh.

It was funny. But the way he was talking, anyone passing by would've thought that I had the mouth of a sailor!


But it doesn't end there. Life is fair in some aspects. The kids are generally fair in picking on both Josh and I. Soon after Nicks comments, Paul asked if I remembered when he was a "little kid" and used to say that "Daddy toots like a stinky cow!" And as he giggled at his own memory of it, Nick and Andrew began repeating "Daddy toots like a stinky cow!"

Then it was MY turn to look at Josh and smirk. "Yep Paul. I do remember that." I said as I smiled broadly at Josh and in return got a dirty look.

6 comments:

twinzmama said...

What a fun family you have, can't wait till my kids air all of our dirty laundry (ha, ha)! Keep up the good work!!

Linda Gibbs said...

Too funny! My kids just ask if words or phrases are bad and if they can say them. Most of the time it's fine...others, well their dad is a truck driver.:)I will plead the 5th!

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

LOL that's too funny!!!! You guys are such a great family!!!

Mp said...

Your family really cracks me up...the things kids say aren't they so funny!

Hugs,
Mike

Johnson said...

Hilarious! You guys are so cute!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the laugh! I say the same naughty words and get the same reaction. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.