Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkins for Sale!

Grandpa Keith grew some pumpkins this year and thought that the boys might like to try to sell them (it's something we used to do when I was growing up and we thought it was a lot of fun), so we made a sign and put some pumpkins on the lawn. I was gonna just leave it at that, but Paul had different ideas... I came outside only to see him standing by the pumpkins waving at passers-by and neighbors and calling them over. He had this ball park kind of yell-- "PUMPKINS! PUMPKINS! ONE DOLLAR! GET YOUR PUMPKIN! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!"

He did pretty good! He sold 17 out of 18 pumpkins! (I decided tonight that we're gonna use the last one for pumpkin seeds and cookies! Yum!)

5 comments:

Erin said...

What fun is that! I love when kids get their great ideas and then get to see their success. SWEET!

Greg & Mary said...

Very cute! Love your blog. It's good to find old friends on here! I'll spend time here catching up. Thanks for the comments on my blog too.
Looking at your blog, my first thoughts were "I told her they'd get married!" :) I'm glad you two are so happy and have such a beautiful little family.

Morgen said...

what is it about boys and selling stuff. my son begs to do a drink stand like..everyday! Once, nobody was coming so he took it door to door. Another time he went and set up his table right by a construction crew...gotta love it:) It's so funny to see all us walmart people who found each other...I joked to mary that we need to have a reunion/get together!:)

Mp said...

Hey if I only lived closer...I spent about $10.00 dollars for 3 pumpkins! It looks like they had so much fun!

Hugs,
Mike

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

I was going to come get one but noticed you didnt have any more, darn. Too cute about paul.