Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No slowing down...

BOYS are EXHAUSTING. They're wonderful, and fun, and silly, and adorable, and sweet, and hilarious, BUT BOYS ARE EXHAUSTING.
Yesterday was a long day. We're still working on the potty training thing at our house and one of my little darlings decided to try the couch out as a possible substitute for the toilet. We've a had a few incidents this week with trying out the carpet, but the couch? Great. I mean, I can understand the reasoning... who in their right toddler mind wants to miss out on even a second of Sesame Street?But it sure doesn't make my day!

And there's the regular sibling quarrels over things like who gets what sippy cup, and who gets to sit where and so on. Those are always pleasant. Except for when they end up with a hit or a name call. We had a little bit of that yesterday too which caused me to turn in to "Mean Mom" and put them in separate rooms while I made dinner.
But the straw on the camels weakened back yesterday was when they finally were all back to being buds and were outside playing just before bed and Paul accidentally pushed my bicycle over and it landed on Nick's head. It gave him a couple of little cuts, and as we all know, big or small-- head wounds are famous for bleeding. So Mr. Nick let out a terrible scream and when I came running I saw a bloody mess all over his blond curls. The cut really wasn't too bad once it was cleaned up, but to see the blood you would think it was worse.
We got through that all OK, and the boy-ness hasn't let up at all. Tonight Andrew came and got me after they had all been put to bed, and squealed on Nick for making a mess.

I came. I saw. Nick had pulled everything from his closet- the hangers, shirts, blankets, pull ups, etc. and spread them around the room. Then he took the metal bar (that you hang the clothes on)down too. It must have taken a lot of effort to create his masterpiece of a mess because of the 3 boys, he was the only one conked out asleep! At least we know his head wound isn't slowing him down, right?
All of these little experiences are funny to look back on.... at least I'm hoping they will be! LOL

4 comments:

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

OH gotta love boys huh?? Only my problem in my household isn't the "boy" that does all the bully things is my Tara! And I HATE head wounds for that reason, they bleed WWWAAAYYY too much! Poor little guy! It must have been one of THOSE days.....I hope this week goes better for you! Let me know if you'd like me to take your boys so you can get out for a few hrs!

carolyn q said...

I couldn't but chuckle when I read your post because I understand it on so many levels. There are moments I have seriously thought. . ."what was I thinking when I wanted so desperately to have kids?" Why do I allow myself to get upset with them and will they ever "get it" or will they grow to be juvinille delinquints? I know I just have to excerise a lot of patients and some days are much easier then others.
I do hope that Nick's head heals fast. . .poor little guy.
Just want you to know since our phone concersation I have constantly been thinking of you and hoping that anything I said possibly helped.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn

Natalie Walker said...

Ahhh, what fun stories. Fun for the reader, at least. Good luck keeping up with them. Good thing you seem to be supermom. :) I'm wondering how the addition of a boy will change my household. Is it only when you have multiple boys that that much action happens or is it the presence of children in general? Mia has been an angel child so far so it will be interesting for me to find out.

Mp said...

I love reading about these boys! Aren't they just great? They totally remind me of my childhood days. If you feel anything like my mom did, I'm so sorry. They say boys will be boys...

Hugs,
Mike & Family