Thursday, July 17, 2008

Funnies

Today while I was making lunch for the boys, Paul and Nick decided to get on each others nerves. The next thing I know, I hear Nick tattling to me (he was fine by the way) that Paul just punched him in the face.

I said "What?! Paul! Did you punch Nick in the FACE?"

and Paul responds kind of quietly, "Well, it wasn't very hard...."
I had to turn my head to hide my chuckle. BOYS. SHEESH.

Just for the record, it's not like Nick is this innocent bystander. He teases Paul incessantly. For example, this week he has managed to convince him that Josh and I killed Scooby Doo,

and that Woody (from Toy Story) was coming to our house at 2 AM last night while Paul would be asleep.



As Andrew takes all this in, I'm wondering where I'm headed in this house full of boys. Speaking of Andrew,I have another little story:

Josh and I have gotten into the habit of watching M*A*S*H episodes on DVD at night as we try to relax and while we wait for 11:00 to roll around so we can give Nick his medicine. Well, the other night the boys were still awake and sitting with us. In the episode we were watching, Col. Potter steps in some Horse manure and Frank Burns says "That's Disgusting!"
Col Potter grins and says "Son, to me that's a tiptoe through the tulips!"
I had to tell Paul what Col. Potter had stepped in and that he didn't mind because he loves horses so much. At that point, Andrew grins and sweetly says, "I love horses!"
I said "You do?" Andrew answers back, "Yes!" and then turning to Josh finishes with "And Daddy! I love horse poop."

Nice. Thank you.

And now, for what I hope will be the Final excitement for this installment of "My 3 sons", as I have been typing this, Andrew snuck into my bathroom (he was supposed to be having a nap)and decided to try mascara.
Paul ratted him out and so I told Andrew to come here.When I saw this face, I asked him to bring me what he used-- thinking it would only be this:
He returned with these:
SO, I sent him back to bed, only to have him return moments later with a cut on his lower lip from trying to scale up the side of Paul's bunk bed.
Some Days!

2 comments:

carolyn q said...

Oh, a house full of boys, I can so relate. Seriously. . .I need to come and visit so we can have some girl time! He Hee :0)

Heart Hugs,
Carolyn

Mp said...

Thats so funny, I'm the oldest and have two younger brothers...I can totally relate to the fighting(I think I caused most of them) But isn't that the job of the oldest anyway? You guys have such a cute little family.

Hugs,
Mike & Family