Thursday, February 19, 2009

Messy fun!

Here are some pics of a few of our recent fun little messes! More to come I'm sure! I just borrowed a book from the library on all these cool things for your kids to make and do, so hopefully we'll get even messier! And believe me, we're gonna have fun doing it too!



This is Paul's Class "pet" -- Little Bear. He gets to go home with one student each night and they are to write a paper on all the things they did with Little Bear. We decided that it would be fun to share some popcorn with Little Bear.
You should've seen all the popcorn on the floor! .. Well, I take that back. You definitely should NOT have seen that.




This is Nick's "buddy" from Primary Children's. It's his FAVORITE stuffed toy. Since Paul was getting to share popcorn with his friend, it was only fair that Nick could do the same!


And of course, if the older 2 were having a party, Andrew wanted IN! So, he brought Ernie out to play too!



Here's some play dough fun...


I was really surprised at how long the little guys stayed interested in it!


Ah. Markers. And a piece of bread. I should know better by now than to leave them alone for more than as many minutes as they are old!


"Oops-y."
(Yeah RIGHT Silly Smurf. Like THAT was an accident!)


And then there's Drew, who just started laughing... which made Nick laugh. You can see Nick laughing in the reflection of the mirror. *sigh* Those 2 little mischief makers!


The GOOD son. LOL He's so great to help me. He was putting the markers away for me while I tried to clean up smurf fingers.


This is the Banana-Face snack we made today,



He totally got his head bit off! LOL

Is it bad I had to trick Andrew into eating a banana by gluing M&Ms to it with Peanut Butter...?

5 comments:

Rosenberg Family said...

Darla, you are so creative...your boys are lucky to have such a fun Mom who is willing to let them be crazy!!

Dana, Proud mommy to 4 said...

Darla you're such an amazing mom! your boys are so lucky to have you!! I love that you have SO many ideas! Someday if you have a min I'd love your receipe for GAK.

Unknown said...

You are so much fun! Really, I want to be more like you. Bananas with peanut butter and m&ms? Emery wants to come live at your house. I think whatever works for you is what you should do. By the way, I still like my bananas best with peanut butter!

Erin said...

So fun. I love all the really creative ideas that you share. The popcorn thing is so funny...Sariah loves to share all her food with her babies and it's never very "clean fun"!!! The banana face thing is something I think my kids would love. And I LOVE your little smurf...so cute when they have such fun like that!

Greg & Mary said...

How FUN!! You are so creative! Your kids are so lucky to have such a fun mom!