Monday, May 18, 2009

Put in place and getting called out

I was having a nice little conversation with Andrew about cool StarWars stuff. I tell him that he sure knows A LOT about StarWars. He says "Yes! I do!" followed by a short pause, and then ever so sweetly and matter-of-factly says "And YOU don't!"

Ok... Well, I guess we're clear on that one.


We had this crazy fun day today with a field trip to the sand dunes, then friends over for playing in the sprinklers, borrowed some movies from the library, and since it was cookin' hot, I decide I don't wanna turn on the oven so we head to Craigo's (inside Broulims)for a fast pizza pick up. While at the store waiting for the pizza to get done, Paul finds one of my bosses and says "Do you know why we're having pizza tonight?? .... Because my mom doesn't feel like cooking dinner for us."

Thanks Paul. Way to call me out.

Then before leaving we run into a lady from Paul's school. He pounces on the opportuninty to once again point out my lack of parenting today and blurts out to her "My mom didn't make me read today!" and then giggles.

Yes. I am the mom today that took the EASY road and made someone else make my family dinner, and wasn't diligent about ensuring that my kids got their reading in today. On the bright side, we DID have fun in the sun today and the boys DID get a bath and brush their teeth! Not to mention the other number of chores that I accomplished today including laundry, dishes, watering 50+ outside plants, paying bills, cleaning rooms, etc. Why won't Paul tell people stuff like that? LOL

3 comments:

Penny McGrew said...

Because he's a kid! You are a great person and I can tell from your blog, that you are a terrific mom!!

Just in case you didn't know~ Michelle Bancroft passed away early Monday morning (5-18-09).

carolyn q said...

Oh, I love the pictures of Nick in his graduation gown. To precious!

Your boys are so dang cute and I can't wait to get my boys together with them. Just think of all the mischief that will take place.

You are a great mom and you deserve a break too!

(HUGS)

Jen said...

If you made your family a home cooked meal say...just twice a week, and hardly ever made your kids read - then a night out for pizza and getting off the hook in the reading department wouldn't be such exciting news for a kid to tell, right? Just more proof that you are the kind of mom most of us aspire to be! I love you!

BTW - Check out my favorite dinner recipe. It's an easy meal that feels REALLY gourmet!