Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another Night Here

We will be staying tonight here at Primary's... Nick just isn't seeming like himself at all yet and is in a lot of pain. They've added some Lortab and will decrease the morphine he's taking to help with the hurt. We'll see what tonight and tomorrow bring. He has hardly moved a single muscle. We're going to try to force him to take a few steps walking around tonight and see if we can't get some circulation and things moving.
Really, with Nick, all we can do is to take things one tiny step at a time. He is such a unique situation!

Two sweet little things Nick did yesterday:

First, I was talking to him and told him to make sure and tell us if he needed to go potty and to try not to go in his pull up. He looked at me all serious and said; "Don't talk down to me Mom." LOL


Second, after being in surgery all day, while in the recovery room he looked at me and got kind of teary eyed. I asked him what was the matter and he said "But I didn't get to see Dr. Cowley yet! You said I can see Dr. Cowley, and I didn't."
(I had to then explain that Dr. Cowley had come to see Nick while he was sleeping and that he would get to see him the next day too... But how sweet is that? He's just been through the ringer and all he's thinking about is how he didn't get to see his beloved cardiologist).

2 comments:

carolyn q said...

Hi,
I was given your blog address through the Intermountain Healing Hearts support group and I just wanted you to know we are thinking of you. We have a care bag we would like to get to you.
Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley, President
Intermountain Healing Hearts
www.intermountainhealinghearts.com

Melissa said...

Hello,
I am also part of Intermountain Healing Hearts. I hope everything continues to go well, andt hat nick gets to see Dr. Cowley! :)

Melissa Andrew