Monday, November 19, 2007

The Wounds



Tonight I had a chance to change Nicks bandages and kind of examine the wounds a bit. They are looking really good. You can see in the first picture how the device kind of protrudes from his belly. The swelling has gone down a ways, and as it goes down all the way the device will be more noticeable. But it looks good. And just the fact that he let me touch him was HUGE.
Thankfully, Paul and Andrew are not being too rambunctious yet. It's so nice to be all together again. They are being sweet and gentle and worried about him.
Paul is counting the days to Thanksgiving and Christmas! He's doing really well at reading the calendar and also the clock. He's such a quick learner. He's also become very defensive of the little ones. If I ever use my exasperated tone of voice with the babies he comes right up to me and tells me to not be mad, they're just babies and they just wanted _______(whatever).
Andrew is learning a lot of new words and has turned into a BIG tease. And a bit of a food thief. If there is anything he wants (cube of butter, cheese, gallon of milk, cookies) he just finds a way to snag some while we're not looking. Funny boy.
Despite all the craziness that seems to always happen this time of year, I really enjoy harvest time and the holidays. They have a cozy-ness and way of reminding me how much we have to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know you had this for us to all read. Thanks to Jodi I found the link on her reposting of it on her e-mail to us. If you need anything let us know. Love you all Bryant & Christy