Monday, June 16, 2008

8 YEARS!


Yesterday, June 15, Josh and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! (And Fathers Day!) It's amazing how the time can fly by! On the one hand it feels like we've been together FOREVER, and on the other hand I can hardly believe it's already been 8 years!! I know that I am very blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. He's so good to me and our children! When I was about 17 I wrote a list of all the qualities that I would want in a husband. (Go ahead... think of all the qualities that you would want in a husband) from dimples to sense of humor, child rearing capabilities and a testimony of the Gospel, strength and character, romantic, funny, a love of traveling, musical talent....! The list I made was MUCH LONGER and believe it or not, years later when I stumbled upon the list it made my breath catch and my heart stop to realize that he truly is everything that I ever wanted! He has EVERY quality that I had dreamed of and even the ones that I had noted would be nice but not a necessity! EVERY ONE.
One of my favorite things about our marriage is that we have so much fun. NO ONE makes me laugh or understands my sense of humor like he does. I love you Josh!! I can't wait to spend eternity with you-- in fact it may not be long enough!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your wedding pictures! Isn't it amazing that we're that old?! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute...I love the story about your list. I made a list like that and Robert was everything on my list too. I also love the wedding pictures! You don't really look much different now, but Josh looks much better now with his updated glasses. ;D

Natalie Walker said...

That is so sweet! He does seem like a great husband and father to you and your kids. And he's lucky to have you too. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 8th anniversary!! Your picture is beautiful. You two are the cutest couple, No wonder you have great kids. Just a comment on your blog about your Grandmother. It gave me a chance to go back and think about my Aunt Elva. I Just loved her so much. I have a lot of fond memories with your Granpa and Granma. I loved being there at their home. Love ya Pam

Mp said...

Congratulations on 8 years of marriage!!! There are alot of things we can control but time isn't one of them, it seems like it is flying by so fast these days. Enjoy every moment...

Hugs,
Mike & Family