Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Projects

It's been SO cold and snowy that I've really been trying to keep the boys busy inside... so here's a few of the things (that I have pictures of) that we've come up with:

We made GAK~





Good thing: It's great stuff, and a lot of fun. It lasts a while too, also is not as messy as you might think.
Bad thing: It crumbles a little easier than silly putty.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made (painted and assembled) a model airplane~





Good thing:It's fun to do, takes up a lot of time, and you have a cool finished product.
Bad thing: The painting got a little boring because it did take so much time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had the kids helping with chores~





Good thing: Uh, Hello? Kids doing the chores! This should be fairly self explanatory!
Bad thing: Well besides having to guide them a little bit, I don't really see the downside! =)

4 comments:

Dana, Proud mommy to 4 said...

How do you make GAK? I've been trying to keep Tara happy with being on bed rest and such with me. It's so hard to keep her down and having fun. She wants to run and play and jump and can't...anyways looks like you had some fun!

Erin said...

That sounds like so much fun...I like the chores personally...with 5 kids the laundry stacks up pretty good and i'm no super woman! It's always fun to find new projects to do. You're great!!!

Morgen said...

you are such a cute mom! I feel like I have been so busy with stupid house stuff, my kids either sit down and watch a movie or I send them off to friends houses! I am just gonna send them to live with you til my house junk is done:)

Erin Chavez said...

Darla, I love reading your blog. You're such a good mom! Your boys are adorable and you do such an awesome job of keeping them entertained!! Keep it up hon!