Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

OK, so we are looking at being here for a little while longer. A couple of nights ago Nick had some strange arrhythmia's, and then last night he was in a low V-Tach for 10 hours. (V-tach is not good) ... so this morning they informed us that they will probably have us stay here at least until Wednesday and there is a possibility that they will do another surgery. I'm not sure on the details yet. We are trying a different dosage of the medicine again to see if it helps, but so far it hasn't. With it being a holiday AND a weekend, there aren't as many faces around to ask questions to.

Nick is in good spirits today for the most part. The Easter Bunny made a special delivery for the children at the hospital, and that has brightened his day. Also, yesterday Aunt Bonnie stopped by with a bag of activities for him, which was very thoughtful and fun! Today we also were able to visit with Pauline and all her kids, and Dad (Grandpa Keith) and Zack. They all came over together and we had some lunch. It was good for us to be able to interact with some family for the short while that they were here. It starts feeling a little claustrophobic after a while, ya know?

I understand that Paul and Andrew are thoroughly enjoying Grandma Cathy's attention and love. (Thank you mom!) and being REALLY GOOD BOYS. It was even pointed out to me in ever so gently a way by my sister that "they don't even miss you". LOL! I'm glad. But I DO miss them. I am a little jealous too! I'm hearing about Easter egg hunts, picnics, movies, reading, playing with all Grandma's cool toys, etc., and I wish I could be there too!

We are so deeply grateful for all of you, our family and friends, for all that you have done, do and continue to do for us and our family. We are continually blessed by your love.

May you all have a Beautiful Easter Sunday!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Dar. I miss you guys!
I wish i could be a liitle closer to help out in some way. We are thinking of you often. hang in there. We love you and pray for you every day! Love Aim and Family