Saturday, April 5, 2008

Good things...

I took the boys to the park the other day (while someone came to look at the house)and we decided that the weather was just perfect for kite-flying! I was so impressed with how well all of the boys did! I only had to get Paul's kite UP and he took it from there with no mishaps or down falls! Drew and Nick's kites fell a few times but as soon as I got them back up the boys took complete control! In fact, a few times the little ones even got their OWN kites up with no help! It was a lot of fun. I wish I had taken pictures, but I forgot to bring the camera, and Josh has been out of town this week with work, so I didn't have that extra set of hands to help anyway. Thankfully he will be home late tonight. We miss him!

Yesterday we tried making snow cones. See, Nick's "flavor" for his medicine is just snow cone syrup, and the other day at the store I picked up a few more bottles since it's cheaper than at the pharmacy. Well, they had some inexpensive snow cone machines right there too, and I thought 'Hey, why not have some fun?', and bought one of those too. The kids had some friends over and we decided to give it a shot. The machine didn't work all that well, but enough to get some snow. They thought it was amazing. I remember in my childhood having a snow cone machine that you had to kind of hand-churn to get the ice chips, but this one was a plug-it-in and press-this-down kind of machine. I remember thinking how cool it was when I was little and am pleased to know that the thrill is still there. Watch out Josh, I also remember easy-bake ovens.... and even though we don't have any girls..... I may need to enlighten the boys on the fun of cooking with a light bulb. LOL




Also, Dr. Cowley called yesterday and asked if he could have our permission to send Nick's information and images to a colleague that he has at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. (there are other Mayo clinics in AZ and FL but the one in MN specializes more in pediatric cardiology than the other ones) He said it occurred to him that this colleague might have some perspective that could be helpful. This other doctor has apparently written a large number of articles or has done studies on cardiac fibroma's, which is the type of tumor that Nick has. So we are praying that some more insight on what to do will come about.

1 comment:

ang said...

Darla, what a super fun mom- making snow cones!!! I remember having some fun baking days- you and I- as youngsters. But I think we had the habit of eating the blueberry jiffy mix before it ever got baked... but those easy bake ovens sound like lots of good times, showing our little ones the 'science' of cooking. Good idea!