Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sad

Sadly, I just learned that a super nice young man that I worked with at the store took his own life 2 days ago. It turns out he was suffering from depression and had just come home from school (BYU I think) due to the depression. It is so TRAGIC. It just breaks my heart that he felt so desperate & helpless that he saw suicide as his only option. This kid was bright, and kind, and I think had plans to serve a mission soon. Satan just never rests, does he? We must not let him take control! It is very saddening to me that he grabs a hold of so many and causes such feelings of desperation and helplessness. I'm very thankful for the opportunity to listen to our Prophet and those who serve with him this weekend to gather some strength and enlightenment and to help build up in a world where so often we are being torn down and torn apart.

No comments: