Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Darla

So, I know that Darla posted a blog already today about her birthday, but I thought I would too. I was asked to not blurt out her age, so let's just say that she's twenty one again. But even though she's only twenty one, I would like to tell you all twenty eight things about her.
1. Darla loves to shop.
2. She loves to do craft stuff.
3. She also loves to cook, and she's pretty dang good at it.
4. Darla likes to learn new things.
5. Nobody, and I mean nobody likes massages more.
6. She can do fifty things at once. I, on the other hand, can only do about mmmmm say one. (Hey, I'm still just a guy)
7. Darla is a huge fan of the song "I'm gonna miss her" by Brad Paisley.It's probably her favorite song in the world.(Complete LIE)
8. Darla is a great mom and I know that she loves her children very, very much.
9. There are four songs written specifically for her. (not just 2 like she said in the blog about my birthday.)
10. She likes poetry and has written quite a few very good poems.
11. She is a big Office fan. She's especially fond of Kevin and Dwight.
12. Darla likes things to be super clean and organized all the time. In fact she likes things to be so organized that sometimes I accuse her of being obsessive-compulsive about it.
14. Darla was born in 1980. (See, I didn't say an age :)
15. She doesn't like the way that roads are set up in Idaho. She prefers the "grid- system" like in Utah.
16. Darla likes the spring and autumn seasons the best.
17. Darla owns a gun.
18. Recently she bought some large maps so she can learn more about geography.
19. Darla loves to read. She reads where ever we are, in the car, in the house, in the hospital, where ever. (This accounts for her not being very well acquainted with geography, she reads while I drive and then she never knows where we are.)
20. Darla likes the ocean, or any bodies of water for that matter,too bad we live in a desert, huh.
21. Darla is the best wife. Sorry guys, she's mine. I know that she cares for me and takes care of me better than anybody else could ever try to do.
22. Darla has an awesome sense of humor.Even if/when other people don't get her, I do and it's really fun to laugh and play with her.
23. She likes to blog.
24. Darla is jealous of elk.
25. Even though She owns a gun, she doesn't really want to hunt that much.
26. Darla is extremely patient. If you don't believe that, just look at who she's married to.
27. Darla has leaky eyes a lot. In fact, one time she cried because she couldn't remember what she wanted for lunch (she was pregnant at the time).
28. Darla has one heck of a year ahead of her. I've learned to always expect change, but I think this will be a great year (one of the last before she turns 30)

Darla, you are the most wonderful person on the planet. Happy Birthday and I'll try to do my best to make it a great year for you and our family.
Love,
Josh

4 comments:

Unknown said...

At 21, you're just getting started. This description is so sweet! I also have leaky eyes....it must be a mom thing.

Mindy said...

Aaahhhh - how sweet!

carolyn q said...

How fun to read things about you from Josh's perspective. He really loves you. I hope your B-day was amazing. . .just like you.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn

Linda Gibbs said...

Josh- You are so sweet! Don't worry, I won't tell the elk! You are so lucky to have DJ. She is so awesome! I love how upbeat and positive she is and always has been. You have a great life together!