Sunday, September 28, 2008

Warm River





Today was my birthday and I am now (mmmmpppppfffffhhhh) years old. :D
For my birthday my wonderful Mom graciously offered to keep my boys and let Josh and I have the day together. It has been a really LONG time since we've been able to spend several hours un-interrupted together.... especially since Nick was put on his current medicine which has to be administered every 8 hours. It's one of those things that you don't ask someone else (like a baby-sitter) to do because it involves dividing the pill, crushing, adding exact amounts of water and flavoring and only giving him a portion of the mixture. Therefore, there's not a lot of room for error- so only Josh and I have ever given him his medicine,
Anyway, it was a nice opportunity to spend some time together. We headed into town and had our wedding rings cleaned while we window shopped at the mall, and then had a nice lunch, and decided to drive up just past Ashton to Warm River. It's a beautiful drive and the colors on the trees were magnificent. Once we got to Warm River we stood and admired it's beauty for a while and fed the MANY fish that live there. It's something we've done before, but was nice to do again.
A little bit later we headed back down to Mom's to pick up the boys and visit for a short time. My sweet little ones hated to leave Grandma's and delayed getting into the car as long as possible. I don't blame them one bit either-- hanging out with Mom ROCKS!
I also received many calls and birthday wishes from so MANY of my friends and family.Not to mention a couple of fun surprises in the mail earlier this week! It was such a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday, I'm glad!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday - glad you guys had a chance to spend some time together!

twinzmama said...

Oooo, happy birthday and what a cute couple!!! Glad you got to have a great day together!

pntmom said...

Hey Church sluffer,( or is it that i just didn't see you there) anyways, happy late birthday.Vandy

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

how fun! Aren't moms great?!!? you two are so freaking cute together!!!

Mp said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a very nice time at the river. I love this time of year when the temps cool off and the trees change color, it just doesn't last too long before winter hits! Blah!

Hugs,
Mike

Linda Gibbs said...

Happy Birthday Darla! Sounds like a great day! Way to Josh and Mom Johnson!!