Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just put 'em in a pumpkin shell...

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater,
Had a wife and couldn't keep her~
Put her in a pumpkin shell,
And there he kept her very well!





This was the song that Nick came home singing the other day from preschool. He sang it all day. That evening as I was putting the boys to bed I sang "Families can be Together Forever" to them. After I had finished, the following exchange happened between Nick and myself:

Nick: What's the name of that song?

Me: Families can be together forever.

Nick: (kind of squints his eyes and pauses for a second) Yeah, but if you can't keep 'em--- you just put 'em in a pumpkin shell. (then he nods at me knowingly.) That's what Peter Peter did.

That's not a bad idea. :D I'll remember that.
Such a funny kid. Who says preschool isn't paying off?!
I wonder if this is what he is picturing.....?

4 comments:

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

lol that's too cute! They're just so funny when they're young~

twinzmama said...

Cute picture!! You have such cute kids, I hope mine are that cute when they get older! I sometimes want to live in a pumpkin shell so Peter had a good idea!

Linda Gibbs said...

I love how the pre schoolers minds work. And he is so cute!

carolyn q said...

That is so cute. . .the things that come out of the mouth of babes. If life could really be that simple.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn