Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fun fun fun!

This last week or so, has been a lot of fun for us. The weather is still pretty dang nice and so Andrew, Paul, and his friend Aubree decided they needed to picnic in the backyard--


And we made some Apple Turkeys with our friends Ella and Isaac. It's kind of a tradition at my house to do the apple turkeys. The fun thing is that they vary in how they look from year to year depending on what "decorations" I have on hand.





Josh and Paul were able to participate with the scouts in assembling food boxes for Thanksgiving too. Paul so loves going to scouts. I'm so happy he's enjoying it.


Most of my family was able to get together (all except for Chris & Sharon and their A-mazing children) at Mom & Dads place for T-Day and it was total and complete fun CHAOS. Love love love it! It's a funny thing about seeing people that you don't get to see often... It seems like I miss everyone even more once I've been with them! I guess I just realize how MUCH I love them and how much I'm missing out on!
A couple of fun things from this week:

I made these crazy cupcakes for all the squirts:



"PEAS & CARROTS"



"MASHED POTATOES & GRAVY"



"CORN ON THE COB"

And of course, for dessert~


"CHOCOLATE PUDDING"

That was fun. They loved them, and believe it or not, they actually ATE them! I thought maybe they wouldn't get eaten, since they were so weird!

Later I brought 2 of my nieces back to my place and gave them another cupcake project:









Did you guess yet? Now look.


"SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS!!"

Crazy, huh? But so much fun.

Oh Yeah! One other fun thing that I did! Well, ok, that I made my sister do. ;)
See for yourself.






VOILA!


Yeah. It's been a fun week or so... :D

12 comments:

Greg & Mary said...

Absolutely LOVE the cupcakes! You are so creative! I love this time of year. I love the meals and time we get to spend with family. Looks like you had a good week.

Ronna and Robyn said...

Love Love Love the cupcakes. You will have to let me know how to make them. I also LOVE your new hair cut.

Morgen said...

those cupcakes are crazy!! You are so creative. congrats on cutting your hair, it's very cute! looks like a fun week!!

Bonnie B said...

Darla Jill, You are soooo creative ! The cupcakes are absolutely amazing.
I love your new hair-do. It's really flattering on you. You have such beautiful hair. Did you donate your hair to "Locks of Love"? If you did, someone is extremely lucky to get such gorgeous hair !
What a fun Thanksgiving for you and your wonderful family. Love you, BJ

Erin said...

You are so darn creative. I love it all. It is so fun to be able to do this kind of stuff. Love the hair...it rocks!!!

Rosenberg Family said...

Darla-I am so glad you contacted me! Your family is absolutely adorable...those boys are gorgeous! Please, keep in touch! It's so great to see that you are doing well! I'm going to put you on my friends list if you don't mind so I can keep tabs on your adorable family! Tell your Mom hello for me!
Stephanie (Ernest) Rosenberg

Anonymous said...

You are such a fun mom and so creative!! I love the fun projects you come up with to do with the boys.
Those cupcakes are amazing! You should go into business and make a "healthy cupcake" bakery. They are so unique people would pay good money just for the fun!!
And I LOVE your new haircut, that really is a lot chopped off!!! Looks darling on you...Darling Darla! hehehe

carolyn q said...

You are amazing!!! How ingenious of making cupcakes that look so cool and I bet they were just as yummy too.
You are so brave to cut your hair too. It's always fun to change things up some though.

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

Those cupcakes are AWESOME can I have the reciepes? Looks like Isaac and Paul had fun, Jordan looked at the pictures and said why didn't they invite me? I'm like we were busy...but it reminded me we should get the boys together!! You're awesome to cut your hair. I cut mine off too...I LOVE IT! oh and I replied to some of your comments you left on my blog.

carolyn q said...

I know I already left a comment. . but I wanted you to know that I showed Nathan my 7 year old the pictures of your awesome cupcakes and he thought they were the coolest.
So from a 7 year. .you are the coolest most creative mom in the world! Don't worry. . I know he loves me so no hard feelings.LOL

Natalie Walker said...

You inspired me to cut and donate my hair too! Short hair looks great on you!!

Penny said...

Darla my cute little friend!! I was on Michelle Bancroft's blog site and saw your name. I could not believe it. I'm guessing that you knew her form school. I loved seeing the pictures of your family and the cupcake (LeWayne rolled his eyes at the cupcakes). I about cried when I saw your hair chopped off. I have always loved your beautiful hair. of course I don't want ANYONE that I know with long hair to cut it. My hair just doesn't grow that much and if it did , it would just look like a mop anyway. I miss seeing you. Hope your family is doing well. Tell your mom and Stan hello for us. See you on facebook.